Monday, March 23, 2009

Inspiration

As a little girl, Cinderella and Snow White were my only examples of what it was like to be a princess. Well now that is about to change because of the movie Walt Disney Pictures will release later this year, "The Princess and the Frog". Princess Tiana will join the rank of beautiful princesses. Although I am in my 40s I am estatic! Princess Tiana, played by Anika Noni Rose, is beautiful, well spoken and kind as demonstrated in the official teaser.




Now let me tell you why this was an inspiration for my blog. Each and every day I am immersed in things "Frog" and "Tadpole". Football, Star Wars, Pokemon, Legos, action figures, Spiderman, Batman, and every shoot'em up bang bang movie you can imagine enter my world. Well things are about to change now... all because of this movie. The Princess is going to emerge with the same pomp and circumstance as a beautiful Mardi Gras parade in the heart of Louisiana. I intend to tell the tadpoles, "Look a Princess who looks like mommy!" That legitimizes the whole thing you know. We will see this movie, tadpoles and the Frog accompanying me joyously. Delusional you say... I know, but they are going to be coerced to go.

My Frog and tadpoles while they out number me are going to have the opportunity to be immersed in a few things " Princess". I see a few tea parties, girl movies, more chocolate, shopping, spa days,... Ok I've gotten carried away, one Princess can't pull that off in a house of tadpoles and a Frog, but I can sneak in a tea party, some chocolate and an occasional girl movie. So check out Walt Disney's "The Princess and The Frog" at http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/princessandthefrog/ and get ready for another cool Princess movie like I am.

6 comments:

  1. How great to have you join the blogging world and I love that you are still embracing The Princess role. I think we have all been waiting for a Princess that looks like us. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post- and I too am very excited about the new princess :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the welcome Renee! Must say I love your cutiebootycakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouraging words Yolanda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can NOT wait for this movie. I have been stoked for a year too. No kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is going to awesome when it comes out Marni perhaps we can compare notes after we see it!

    ReplyDelete