Thursday, March 26, 2009

The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency



I am so excited about this new series that HBO is bringing out because it is an combination of one of my favorite people and one of my favorite books.

HBO will air starting on Sunday March 29th at 8PM, "The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency". The show is based on a series of books written by Alexander McCall Smith. A really interesting fact is that it is the first major film/tv project to be filmed entirely on location in Botswana. The main character, Precious Ramotswe opens her country's only female-owned detective agency so that she can fulfill her need to help people. She is accompanied by her trusty high strung friend and secretary Grace Makutsi. In this series she will investigate a variety of cases ranging from helping townspeople solve mysteries in their lives to philandering husbands and con-artists.

Here are the cast of characters:
Precious Ramotswe played by Jill Scott
Grace Makutsi played by Anika Noni Rose
JLB Matekoni played by Lucian Msamati
BK played by Desmond Dube

I have only read the first book but now I am going to read the rest of the series. Here is the list in case you are wondering:

1. The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency (Book 1)
2. Tears of the Giraffe
3. Morality for Beautiful Girls
4. The Kalahari Typing School for Men
5. The Full Cupboard of Life
6. In the Company of Cheerful Ladies
7. Blue Shoes and Happiness
8. The Good Husband of Zebra Drive
9. The Miracle at Speedy Motors
10. Tea Time for the Traditionally Built

I am looking forward to this new series because I think Jill Scott is a great actress and the story is well written with a sprinkling of humor, life lessons, and old time mystery solving. In my opinion Jill Scott does her characters so well it makes me want to have her as a friend. I also think Anika Noni Rose will make a great side kick. So I plan to watch this on Sunday, please join me if you'd like.

1 comment:

  1. This is the age of making no trust of any people.Mens are made after showing girls.For making any detection we have to send detective agent who is girl in this way this serial is make.

    nintendo dsi r4

    ReplyDelete